Friday night I flew up to Oklahoma City literally for less that 24 hours so that I could be a part of a VERY special party...a surprise 70th Birthday party for my mom!!! It was a total hit and she was completely surprised just as we all hoped. The reason the weekend was so crazy was because I had to get back to Austin for one of Dustin's best friend's wedding on Saturday. Unfortunately since the party was on the same weekend as the wedding, I went to OKC alone while Dustin tended to his groomsman duties at the rehearsal dinner. I was sad to miss the rehearsal dinner, but I made it for the main part so it worked out well. My dad did such an amazing job planning the party. It was downtown OKC at Nonna's in a private room upstairs. There was an open bar, appetizers and a huge and I mean enormous chocolate cake- YUM! Seeing all the people who came really confirmed just how special my mom is not just in her family's eyes, but in her friend's! I am so happy that I could be there. I had a bit of a nightmare with my flight up, but it all worked out in the end. As for the wedding, it took place out in Dripping Springs at Vista West Ranch. It was a great wedding and it was so fun having Dustin's parents in town for the wedding as well. On Sunday we went to the Oasis with Nick, Jessica and the kiddos for brunch before they headed back to Houston. Overall, the weekend was a total success! Here are just a few pics from the surprise party...my dad was smart and hired a photographer so that nobody had to worry about capturing the moments from the evening.
Happy Easter everyone!!!
Nonna's
She can't believe it!
I love my parents
Making her wish...
The family there to celebrate the special occasion

Congrats to Will & Amanda!!!
More wedding pics here

No comments:
Post a Comment