Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend of fun!

So this past weekend it was just go go go for us! On Thursday Dustin was so cute and told me that he had a surprise for me that night and that I should be ready after work for it. When he got home he told me that we needed to eat before we left and that he needed the following items for the evening. A bottle of wine, plastic wine glasses, a blanket, binoculars and the telescope...the first thing I think is he is taking me to look at stars somewhere??? So we left the house and headed out- I really had no clue where we were going until he finally had to tell me. He had gotten us tix to the Legally Blonde (Broadway across America) show! I was shocked. It was so fun because we totally pulled into the parking garage and then drank the wine in the car while waiting til it got closer to show time. I asked why all the other items and he explained that he didn't want me to wonder why he was bringing the binoculars so he packed the telescope as well :-) Turned out that our seats were really good so the binoculars were not really necessary. So thanks again, Dustin, for a wonderful early Valentines Day celebration....the great thing is that it did not end there. The next night Dustin cashed out his man card once again when he took me to see the new movie "He's just not that into you." It was such a chick flick but I think we both enjoyed it!!


In the Parking Garage before the Show!

Our wine pre-show

Legally Blonde Stage

So after two nights of girly things, Saturday we went camping for the evening/night with some friends at Emma Long park on Lake Austin (so basically about 10 minutes from our casa). I was a little nervous about it since this was going to be the dogs first camping trip, but really it worked out without any problems. Sadly, there is a burn ban in effect across the area so we had to resort to roasting marshmallows on a regular grill. It was still a blast though! The next morning (after too much wine consumed by yours truly) we packed up and went on a 2-3 mile hike with everyone and the pups. A great time was had by all! I was completely exhausted though and ended up napping all afternoon until we left the house to head to Game night at Andrea's house. It was so awesome to have everyone back together for game night. We had a great turn out...Andrea, Ursula, Gregg, Denise, Jill, Johnny, Kelvin, Colten, Dustin & me! Alvin was supposed to come as well but bailed at the last minute. We played Catch Phrase for about 3 hours and probably could have played longer had it not been a "school" night and all. We had such a good time that we already have planned the next 2 months get togethers :-) Yay for good friends!


Beautiful Moon while camping


Chance completely intrigued by the birds

Roasting Marshmallows the only way we could!

Trying to get a family shot while camping

Our camping site the next morning

Game night at Dre's

So all in all it was a wonderful weekend and it was hard to go back to work today...but I am thankful I have a job to go to right now so I will stop my complaining ;-)

No comments: