A picture is worth a thousand words...or perhaps $50!
So back about a month ago I decided that I wanted to enter into the Abbott Photo Contest. I am definitely not what I would call an artsy person, but back in 2005 when Dustin and I took a trip to Maui (the one where he proposed to me!) I took this photo of him on top of Mt. Haleakala. I always thought it was a great inspirational photo so I sent it in. If you can believe it I won $50. No I was not awarded first, second, or third place, but I still got recognized. The most hilarious part about entering in the contest was that not only did I have to sign a waiver for the photo, but Dustin had to sign a "model release" form...Ha Ha....perhaps he should consider a side gig of modeling??? Anyway, I am excited that a picture I took helped me earn a little bit of money that will surely go straight to White House Black Market in no time :-)
In other news...Vegas got his hair cut all handsome-ish today by our sweet Mobile Groomer, Ann, who always does a good job! Now he is all ready for the Hallween Block Party tonight!
As for today, you already are aware that it is Halloween. I have to say that this is the day Dustin and I have been waiting for so that we can finally put on those costumes we rented like a month ago from Lucy in Disquise. This store is oddly enough where Dustin and I rented our costumes that we wore for our first official date back in February 2003 to Carnival here in Austin. We are dressing as...well for those of you who don't know I will keep it a surprise for when I post pictures of us all dressed up tomorrow :-)
Trick or Treat!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment