Monday, March 16, 2009

March Goodness

Oh wow has this month been fun filled...last weekend we had game night out at our friends Kelvin & Colten's place in downtown Austin. It was such a great time- we played pictionary which was hilarious because the team I was on did horrible! We came back with catch phrase though :-)

View of downtown Austin from Kelvin & Colten's


Silly me trying to work on my bikram bow pose ;-)

Sadly, on Sunday our poor friend Alvin got into a bicycling accident. Basically it was Alvin vs. a truck= ouch. Thankfully he is okay and healing, but a bit beat up.
So, on Tuesday my parents arrived to Austin for the week. It was a great time and the week flew by so fast! Unfortunately the weather was awful, but man we needed the rain here. On Wednesday my mom got to experience bunko for the very first time. It was awesome because not only did I win some money, but my mom won a prize as well! Everyone was festive for the St. Patty's day month of March and wore green.
Mom & I at the St. Patty's Day Bunko

Bunko girls plus my momma!


Thursday night the four of us went and enjoyed a nice dinner out at the Steiner Ranch Steakhouse...I look forward to summers there enjoying the lake view and outside bars. On Saturday (after sleeping in..ahhhh) we all went and enjoyed lunch and a movie at Alamo Drafthouse. Afterwards, despite the cold we decided to venture downtown and officially "tour the state capitol". I must say I have always intended to do it, but in the 7 years I have been in Austin I have just never gotten around to it. We enjoyed our last night with my parents in Austin by playing catch phrase and a new game we bought (recommended by them) called Apples to Apples. It was really fun and I definitely will be bringing it to our next friends game night!!

Dome view looking up inside the Capitol

My sweet parents outside the Texas Capitol

Random fun pic of our new jeep!

Yesterday Dustin and I got back to our routine and that included exercise for me. I missed a few runs during the week while my parents were here and so I basically punished myself yesterday...we did over 8 miles total. I, myself only ran about 6 and a half but I was happy with that. My knees are a bit sore today, but I will be back at it tomorrow either way!

1 comment:

Bill and Paige said...

We love apples to apples! It's so much fun with a large group!!