Sunday, March 22, 2009

Keep Austin Weird?

So on Saturday Dustin and I decided to be brave and go out downtown again to catch some more SXSW music...of course it is much easier when your friend's band is the one playing. We headed down in the open air jeep (doors removed and all) to 3rd and Nueces and saw Household Names play at 5 PM at Cafe Blu. On the way there Dustin and I witnessed yet another reason why the saying in Austin is "keep Austin weird"...a picture is worth a thousand words.
The "Keep Austin Weird" guy on 1st Street Downtown
In case you need a close up ;-) Yes it was confirmed-he is wearing a thong speedo!
Anyway...Cafe Blu was a fun little place that is fairly new and of course Household Names was awesome (as usual). We met up with friends and made a day/evening of it. We had dinner afterward at Thai Tara, Yogurt at this new Yummy Yo place on Nueces and then caught the fireworks show at Sumita & Gautam's place. Dustin and I finished up a fun filled weekend by catching that new movie Duplicity at Alamo Drafthouse. It was pretty good too. Back to work tomorrow- a busy week too I might add. So long SXSW...until next year I guess.
Amy, Dustin & me at Cafe Blu
Household Names

No comments: