Sunday, November 16, 2008

I am gonna dance with ELLEN!!!

What an awesome weekend this has been for me!!! Here’s the story- on Saturday (yesterday) around noon I went to my bikram yoga class and on the way home I checked the mail as I usually do. I got the surprise of the year when I opened an envelope that had The Ellen Degeneres Show as the return address person. Okay, okay hold up, I need to preface all of this….About a month ago I was watching Ellen’s show like I love to do everyday when I can and she made a “special announcement” that she would be doing a special taping of the show in November in Las Vegas. She said if you wanted to go you needed to go online and request tickets right away and you would be contacted if you were a winner. So right away, I thought “gosh, how awesome would that be to get to see the Ellen show…and in all places- Las Vegas!” What is kind of funny is I was just telling Dustin a few months back that I would love to go and see Ellen sometime in the next year or two…but at that time when I looked at getting tickets it seemed impossible or you at least have to have major luck on your side. So after the announcement of the Las Vegas show I got online and filled out the required info. About a week later I checked the website and noticed a bunch of people posting comments on Ellen’s page about how they had received the call that they were getting tickets to show and how excited they were, blah blah blah…of course I say it like that because at the time I had not been notified I had gotten any tickets. The weird thing is though…I NEVER was notified and I got completely shocked when I opened the envelope and had 2 tickets sent to me for the show…which is this next Friday, November 21st!!!! Immediately I screamed and then I got sad/mad…I mean how am I going to go with the show less than a week away and I have not flight/hotel arrangements made? When I told Dustin the news…he was excited for me of course, but he has not come to love Ellen’s show the way I have in the past couple of years. Also at the time he was a bit preoccupied (and rightfully so) since he was mentally gearing up for the San Antonio marathon today! He told me I should for sure go but that I should check with my family to see if any of them would want to go with me instead of him. Immediately I thought of my brother, but ruled him out since he is a busy school teacher and also has his bird, Skylar, to take care of. Thankfully after talking with my mom extensively and then my brother and working out all the details..…Rick and I booked our flights/hotel accommodations to Las Vegas!!! We leave Thursday and come back on Saturday..the show is on Friday afternoon at the Coloseum at Caesar’s Palace and we are staying at Planet Hollywood. I can’t wait to dance with Ellen!! Woo Hoo!

In other exciting news…Dustin completed his 5th…yes 5th Marathon today…and luckily I was able to spend the night in San Antonio with him last night and see him off at the start this AM. I know he will be blogging about his run so feel free to check it out at http://dustin.orrickfamily.com/
Now I am in the Atlanta airport waiting to board our flight to good ol’ Columbus for a work meeting!

Dustin ready to run the Marathon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so AWESOME!!! Ellen totally cracks me up...have so much fun!!! Be sure to post some pics.

leeannestone said...

How exciting! Wish I was going with you! Have a ball!

Alysa said...

How fun! I am so jealous! Joe and I will be watching and dancing with you :)

Bill and Paige said...

Have fun! I can't wait to hear all about it.