Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend FUN!!! Las Vegas and such...

So I got back from Las Vegas yesterday and I have been meaning to update my blog, but I have been running around crazy trying to decorate the casa for Christmas...yes I know Turkey day is this week, but since my family and Dustin's parents will all be in town I thought it would be fun for all of them to see our house ready for Christmas since normally they would not! I love doing it, but it takes a good part of the day. The rest of the time since I have been home has been spent sadly on laundry...but on a fun note we watched the Sooners obliterate Tech last night and today Dustin took me to a shooting range for my very first time...and I got to shoot a real gun...it was a bit scary at first...and very loud (even with the ear protectors) but I got the hang of it. It was an interesting way to spend a Sunday afternoon...but hey we live in Texas where everyone shoots guns right? My favorite quote from today was from a guy who was telling Dustin about how to choose the right bullets for your gun in terms of not buying too cheap since it will dirty up the gun. He said "actually I clean my gun all the time, whether I shoot it just once or I shoot it a 100 times...I love to sit and clean my guns while I watch football." Only in Texas would that come up in conversation....

Shoot 'em up!
As for my brother and my trip to Vegas...we had an AWESOME time. Yes, it was quick, but it was well worth it! We pretty much just took it easy on Thursday...going to eat and walking everywhere. Friday was the fun day..Ellen at 1 PM and then we ended up deciding to get tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld that night at 7 PM...the $82.50 was soooo worth it :-) I have never smiled and laughed for that long of a period of time. I don't think there was one thing he said that wasn't funny! I would soooo see him again. My face hurt after we left from smiling so much! The Ellen show was a blast. We unfortunately were not as close as I had hoped so there is no way we will be seen in the audience..plus there were 4,000+ people there as it was in the Caesar's Colosseum. Bette Midler was a guest as well as one of the magicians who performs in Vegas...but the best part was Pink's performance. She was awesome live! I totally expected Ellen after her performance to tell us that we were all getting a copy of her new cd...but sadly she did not. I had a small bit of hope return as we were leaving the show and I saw men handing something out at the exit doors...well, turns out it was a Peanut Butter Twix candy bar. I was laughing so hard, cuz I told my brother..."I went to Las Vegas to see Ellen and all I got was a lousy twix bar!"....Just kidding of course. We both would have loved to be showered with presents from Ellen, but we were just excited to get to go to the show at all! By the way, in case you were wondering the twix bar was fantastic!

Beautiful day in Las Vegas

Rick & I ready to see Ellen!

The Ellen Degeneres Show in Las Vegas

Bellagio Water Show!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! Just so you know, I'm typing this on Gramie's iPhone. We just got to Austin and it's 2:00 in the morning, but Jackson and I are eating ice cream and I just decided to read your blog! Call me and tell me how the gun shooting was! I bet it was fun! Got to go to bed! Love you!
With love,
Lynzi